Tuesday, November 4, 2008

purple and white

Now I do realize that this post is long overdue. I am beginning to slack on my blog posting , but I am hoping to get back into the swing of things soon. A few weekends ago I travel to Abilene. I few took at small detour to visit my Grandma and Aunt, (which I had a delightful time). I arrived in Abilene on a Thursday to begin the festivities of my first ACU Homecoming as an Alum. Weird, I know. I stayed with a wonderful friend of mine, Meagan that I known since freshmen year, and we had blast! By the way, thanks again Meagan for putting up with me for 4 days!

It was so wonderful to be back in Abilene! The first thing I did was drive around campus twice so that I could take everything in. It was like being in college all over again. The weekend was full of seeing friends, screaming like little girls when we all saw each other, visiting my old office and amazing bosses, attending some intramural football, watching two of my wonderful friends Jennifer and Jamie on Homecoming court, attending Friday chapel, Queen's tea with my best friend Jennifer, float night to see the Nunu's, Kojie breakfast, the Homecoming Parade, buying my sing song tickets, watching the No. 2 football team in the nation (ACU Wildcats) beat Tarleton, dinner with my favorite people in the world, church with my favorite freshman, Mo, and Casey's lingerie shower! I finished up the weekend by staying at my Nanny and Pawpaw's house! What a weekend! I was so thankful to see so many of my favorite people and catch up on everything!

My friends and I did discuss how it didn't feel weird being back at all. It was like we were at home. The only thing that made it different was how we couldn't all go back to the Korner or headquarters to hang out afterwards. That's when reality hit. Homecoming did make me realize how thankful I am to have gone to ACU and to have the friends that I made there as well as to have made to many wonderful memories that I will forever cherish!

And now for Jennifer, I was so honored that she asked me to be a part of her weekend! She has been such a wonderful friend and I am so thankful for her and her continuous support! And I cannot wait to see her shine as a Hostess for Sing Song this year! I won't touch Sing Song too much because let's face it, that topic will need about 2 to 3 posts by itself.

In the end, I love ACU! And I loved Homecoming! Can't wait for the next one! And I do realize that I bleed more purple and white than most people do, and I am fine with that. I'm not afraid to admit that I did wear purple everyday during homecoming weekend. I just had to support my school.


"Oh, dear Christian College we love you, Our dear Alma mater today. Like stars shining brightly above you, your face will shine brightly for aye! To you we hold faithful and loyal, whatever upholding the right, and gladly we'll give forth the royal, three cheers for the purple and white!!"
-ACU Alma Mater

0 comments: