Wow. Since I've been home for the past three weeks I have been taking my dear sweet time and not blogging, nor have I done much but relax, re-focus, workout (which has been amazing), and enjoy this time with family and friends. For this I am truly thankful.
On October 18th, my mom, cousin Ashley, and myself participated in the Dallas Race for the Cure. It was a 5K run/walk around North Park. There were around 30,000 participants, but man oh man, it is something I will never forget.
The three of us had originally decided that we would walk it , but with 30,000 people it was hard to walk and still get a "good" work out. So, we ran. But not just your normal run. We made a game out it. We would start running and look for holes in amongst the crowd, then we would run into the holes and continue to dodge people and the curbs. It was kinda like football minus having big/ginormous players with football pads trying to tackle you. Regardless, it was a work out!
We all had matching shirts and my mom wore a pink hat. The survivors were given pink hats to show that they had survived! That was a really amazing thing to see within the crowd of people....all of the survivors. I wore two pink ribbons: One for my mom and another one for my Kojie sponsor Gayla Pope who was diagnosed this year. It was definitely an honor to wear their names!
I hope that we are able to make this a yearly tradition. It was such a wonderful thing to be a part of and once again I am reminded how truly blessed I am to be able to serve such a power God that answers prayers....and provides us with wonderful mothers.
"I have been blessed, and I feel like I've found my way! I thank God for all I've been given at the end of every day!"
-Martina McBride
thoughts on pregnancy
12 years ago




0 comments:
Post a Comment