Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Thankful

Whew! Well the past few weeks have flown by so fast and it is hard to believe that it is already December! I guess a brief summary is due to catch up on my crazy beautiful life....

My parents and I had the joy of making a quick trip to Abilene to watch ACU sweep past West Texas A&M 93-68! What a game it was! It was absolutely wonderful to be able to go back and watch such a wonderful game and to be able to see a few of my favorite people! And not to mention, my brother got bring his girlfriend as well so that she could experience some of our love for ACU! Needless to say, we are an ACU obsessed family! Or maybe that's just me....

This year I had the joy of taking a big part in the making of Pattie's homemade pies. My mom makes and sells pies every year, and her major baking times are Thanksgiving and Christmas! Seeing how I have some spare time on my hands, I had the pleasure to help bake them alot this year! We both stayed very busy with making pies, but that's ok, I actually do enjoy being able to help people the chance to let people taste my mom's wonderful pies!

Before we knew it, it was time for Thanksgiving, One of my most favorite times of the year! We had a pretty laid back Thanksgiving full of Thanksgiving traditions of watching the Cowboy game, and then Texas vs. A&M. I love football!....And how can I forget Black Friday. We did venture to Dallas to fight the crowds for a few hours, but this might have been the shortest Black Friday trip ever. And that's how I like it.

And on Friday night, I might have done the best thing ever....I went to a movie all by myself to see the much awaited movie Twilight! Oh my word, I am in love with this movie! It was absolutely wonderful! I am now a proud fan of Twilight and have just began reading the books. I actually finished the first book in 7 hours.....yeah, I am little out of control!

Saturday we went to have Thanksgiving lunch with my Mom's side of the family. It was wonderful to see everyone! Although, everyone couldn't be there, we still had a wonderful time and enjoyed some wonderful food!

I am once again reminded how thankful I am to have the family, life, friends that I have, and so much more! Although, things may not be going the way I want them to be going right now, I am still pressing on. I am learning to be very patient as I wait to see what is going to happen next.


"So for tonight we pray for What we know can be. And on this day we hope for What we still can't see. It's up to us to be the change And even though we all can still do more There's so much to be thankful for."
-Josh Groban
"Thankful"

0 comments: