Monday, March 9, 2009

23

It's almost been a week since I turned the wonderful age of 23. That's right, on March 4,2009, I turned 23. I set my alarm for 3:21 A.M.,which was when I was born, and woke up so that I could enjoy the first minute of my birthday. It's something I try to do every year, but then I go back to sleep. Now I kinda make a really big deal about my birthday. I really really love birthdays. But this year My day wasn't much different from any other day. I finally woke up around 7 so that I could see my parents before they headed off to work. They gave me a very sweet and fitting card, it was perfect. I had decided that since it was my birthday, I was not going to sub that day. Instead, I went to work out, wash my car, and spent the rest of the afternoon catching up on The O.C. which re-runs on the Soap network daily. Such a great show. Of course my day was filled with phone calls, texts, and facebook wall posts of people telling my happy birthday.

The highlight of my birthday was right before I went to work out I got a phone call from my mom at school. She said that some people wanted to tell my Happy Birthday. I then heard all these tiny little voices singing me happy birthday over the phone. Mrs. Murphy's kindergarten class decided that they wanted to sing me happy birthday and it was just precious. I've substituted for that class a few times, and my mom is with that class on a daily basis during the mornings so they know who I am. That evening I went just hung out with my family and went to church. Like I said, it was pretty much a very chill day.

I do plan on celebrating my birthday with my friends at the end of this month. Brittany and I have our birthday's exactly one week away from each other, and ever since our freshmen year of college we have celebrated them together. We decided that even though we have graduated and we pretend to be grown-ups, that we were still going to celebrate together regardless. It is a celebration that I am looking forward to.

So another year has gone by. Instead of saying I am getting older, I am just getting more experienced as my best friend Sara puts it (whose birthday is tomorrow. Happy Birthday Sara Belle.) I pray for many more birthdays and many more opportunities to share and celebrate my life with others.

"Nobody likes you when your 23. And you still act like you're in Freshman year. What is wrong with me? My friends say I should act my age. What's my age again?"
-Blink 182

0 comments: