Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Closed Book

I find myself to still be amazed and often times baffled at relationships with my friends in my life. We come across so many in our lifetime so we should be pretty good at keeping/making them work, yet they still seem so complex and extremely aggravating all at the same time.

The friendships I find to be the most annoying are the ones that you put everything into in hopes of making this friendship last forever, but you soon realize that that person is only nice/your friend because they had to be and it was just convenient at the time. You then find yourself wondering how you might have messed things up, but soon see, some people never change, and it's their fault. They've moved on and don't "need" you any more and you are just now mere acquaintances. (If you can even call it that) I was reminded of this specific relationship this past weekend at Sing Song. I now can see that those friendships were just a waste of time because no matter how much you try to make it work, it never will, some people only think about themselves and have no idea on what they are missing out on. I guess you could say that I've closed the book on that specific friendship.

I would like to say that I am a great friend. You tell me something out of trust, and my lips are sealed. You need me to do something for ya, I'm just a few miles away. You need a shoulder to cry on or just someone to listen to you, I'm a phone call away. Thankfully, I have been blessed with friendships where you may not talk to each other everyday nor see each other in over a few months, but you can pick up where you last left off. In this friendship you have been through so much together that no matter what, you will always be friends. These friendships I will always cherish.

And then there are those friendships that you can't live without. The ones when the other person knows you almost as good as you know yourself, if not better. Once again, my life has been blessed with these such friendships. In these friendships, you would die for each other, you're not afraid to tell it like it is all of the time, you share some of you best memories, you get loads of encouragement from, and you will be friends till the day you die.

Now, I do realize that there are more types of friendships than these that I've mentioned, but there is still one that comes to mind that I have failed to mention. This friendship never fails, never leaves you, never will stop loving you, will always be waiting to talk to you, will always guide you in the right direction. It is the ultimate friendship and the best one you could ever ask for....gotta love the big man upstairs.

"Second chances they don't ever matter. People never change."
-Paramore

0 comments: