I must say that a lot of events have happened since my last post. I've continued to keep the recent things that have I newly started in a direction that I like so far. I'm a bit more busy lately, and my mind is constantly going non-stop! But I have to admit that I somewhat like that!
I made a quick trip to Abilene one last time before the class of 2009 graduated so that I could see numerous friends of mine all at the same time in the same town. I still love that town, even though I gripped about it often while living there for 4 years. I continue to be thankful for the memories that were created on that hill and the friendships that I made. It's extremely weird to think that I have been out of college a year, and can no longer say, "oh yes, I'm a recent college graduate" or "I just graduated from college." It doesn't work as well any more. Weird, guess I am getting old. Ew.
I also made a recent trip to Nashville with Jamie Lyn, where I made some really good contacts as well as received advice and encouraging words from people who are doing exactly what I hope to do one day. Tennessee was absolutely beautiful, and this trip was exactly what I needed in order to pull my big girl pants on and take on the world. This trip also allowed me to see that I am worth it and I will achieve my dreams. I can and will do this.
With each passing day, I become an even stronger believer that everything happens for a reason. God opens doors for us and we have to opportunity to follow and continue on with his masterful plan. That seems to be happening for me...God has a plan and I long to follow it and become the Woman that he wants me to be.
Jamie Lyn and I kept reminding each other while on our trip that God is good....all of the time! There's no other way for me to put it.
"I dreamed of going to Nashville. Put my money down and placed my bet."
-Miranda Lambert
thoughts on pregnancy
12 years ago




0 comments:
Post a Comment