Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Run

I've been given an opportunity. And this opportunity is just what I needed in order to get a little boost of confidence. The past 2 weeks have been more trying that what I've experienced lately. I've had to understand that there is so much that I do not have control over. And for me, that's hard. I'm a planner, and I've always had a plan. And for me to not have a plan has been very aggravating and has caused a lot more worry than it should.

This Sunday at church Jerry spoke about how people think that when you graduate from college you are supposed to have your life together. But you don't really, (which I can agree to that). Then when you're 25, you're supposed to have it together, but your life changes. And then by 30, and 50, 65......you never really know where your life is leading you at any age, and you can't worry about that. You've got to let God take control.

Let Go and Let God. I can now truly understand that phrase. Lindsey and I were able to have lunch together the other day. We're going through alot of the same things, and feeling alot of the same emotions. It feels so good to be able to share those thoughts with someone else that can really understand what you are saying.

Monday, I decided that there are so many things in MY life that I have no control over. I have allowed myself to completely be sucked in to focusing on the little things and not allowing myself to just live. I've asked God to take control, but then I don't give it to him. Well, that time is up. I have finally given in and said.....take it. It is all yours. What a sigh of relief it is to know that I can do that.

My prayer has been that I allow God to be in control in every aspect of my life. I pray that in whatever I do and where ever I go, that He help me into becoming a Woman that fears the Lord, but seeks to follow Him and be more like Him everyday.

Jamie and I had a little saying while on our Nashville trip, that I now have encompassed.....
God is good all of the time, even when we're not.

"If there's a plane or a bus leaving Dallas, I hope you're on it. If there's a train moving fast down the tracks, I hope you caught it. Cause I swear out there ain't where you ought to be. So catch a ride, catch a cab, Don't you know I miss you bad. But don't you walk to me."
-George Strait

0 comments: