Monday, June 8, 2009

So Close Now

I'm not going to lie, I love flying. Yesterday when my parents dropped me off at the airport, I told them, I felt like we've done this before...having them watch me fly off to Nashville. But this time it was a bit different and a better situation. 


Now when I get on the plane, I usually just stick my Ipod in and listen to music the whole way. But this time I sat next to an amazing Christian woman named Diane. She was on her way back home to Nashville from her nephew's graduation in Texas. We spent the next hour and half talking about life, God, things we would like to do, and her giving me advice. I told her what I was going to be doing in Nashville and why I wanted to be up there so badly. And I told her how much of a planner I am, and that I had come to the conclusion that if things didn't work out in Nashville this time, that it was ok, that was just God saying that maybe Nashville isn't where I need to be right now and that he had better plans for me. Diane then told me what she always tells her 11 year old grand-daughter. She tells her," Put your hand on top of your head. You feel how warm it is? That's because God's hand is on your head. He is always with you, even when you feel like no one else is." Diane then squeezed my hand and told me to always remember that. 

When we landed, Diane introduced me to her husband, Papa John and they helped me get my luggage. We then parted ways after Diane gave me the biggest hug and said, "I know that God is going to do great things through you. God bless you, and I can't wait to see you someday!" If I walk away from trip with nothing else but that, I am completely satisfied. Talking with Diane was an absolutely wonderful experience and I thank God for allowing us to be able to sit next to each on that plane.


"I am so close now to walking away. About to walk a path I've gotta take. I am packing up heading out. I can't sleep, I'm dreaming way too loud. I'm so close now, so close now to getting out."
-Eli Young Band

0 comments: