Now I know that it is actually a few days into 2009 already but better late than never..? 2009, It's a new year. I feel as if 2008 flew by so fast. With in this past year, I watched my mom go through chemo and multiple surgeries, fulfilled one of my lifelong dreams, went through the motions of various senior activities, graduated from college, dyed my hair black, hear that my family cat of over 16 yrs had died, lived in two states, watch numerous friends tie the knot, became unemployed, moved back in with my parents, attended my first ACU activity as an alum, started reading again, and celebrated another year of holidays with my friends and family. I would say that was a pretty good quick little summary.
As for 2009, well I brought it in with a bang while celebrating with some of my dearest friends. We had a wonderful evening and I could have not dreamed of bringing in this new year any other way. But as far as 2009 goes, it's time for a change. I feel that this is going to be my year. I've had the chance to sit back and try to figure some things our for my self and I think I've got a grasp on things a little better.
I started with the first change by chopping my hair off. It's taken some getting used to, but I really love it. I've began playing my guitar again while also pulling our my music theory books in order to reteach myself things that I had forgotten completely how to do. I'm going to be substitute teaching this semester, and I am applying for Grad School. Those are a few of the things that are bringing on the "change." The other night I spoke with my friend Meagan, we talk every Wednesday night and catch up on life. We both said that we had made goals for ourselves this year and that we should not be ashamed of them, and that we should write them down. And that's what I am going to do. Here are my goals for 2009:
1. Learn to play the guitar effortlessly
2. Begin Graduate School
3. Find a job
4. Move out of my parents house
5. Eat right/loose weight/work out with more intensity
6. Allow my relationship with God to flourish
7. Pray more and realize that I can't do it all on my own
8. Sing as much as I can whenever I can
9. Fulfill my dreams
10. Keep the relationships I have and make them better
11. Not be scared of stepping out on my own
12. Not take everything for granted
13. Take it one day at a time
14. Be a witness to others
15. Be true to myself
"But what do you say to taking chances? What do you say to jumpin' off the edge? Never knowin' if there's solid ground below or a hand to hold or hell to pay. What do you say?"
-Celine Dion
thoughts on pregnancy
12 years ago




0 comments:
Post a Comment