Since my last posting, a lot of things have happened. At least that's how is seems. I went through the process of interviewing and training for substitute teaching both at my old high school and at the school district that my parents teach at, Cleburne I.S.D. It was a very interesting experience...seeing a few of my old teachers, walking through the halls of my old high school, still knowing that I don't have a job and trying to make myself believe that this is some sort of job. But Brittany makes a good point, all of our friends have "fake jobs" unless they went to school for a profession that allows you to go right into what you went to school for...ie, teacher,nurse. So subbing or finding any other means of making an income will have to work for now as I continue to search for a "real" job and apply for grad school.
Marie and Bo had their little tot, Lyla Elizabeth! yay! Although we had quite the little scare with Marie being put in the hospital and little Lyla coming a little early, everything has worked out perfectly! She is a beautiful little bundle of joy and I cannot wait to meet her! Bo and Marie have allowed us to keep up with everything through their amazing little blog that is full of pictures and video...thanks you two for allowing us to witness such a beautiful gift in your life.
I made the trek to Abilene once again for Heath and JuliAnne's wedding. The weekend began with a wonderful little lunch with a few of the women from the Alumni Office. I then went for a quick sneak peak to the new Bob Hunter Welcome center which is absolutely beautiful! I spent to rest of the day catching up with Mo, Jamie, Meagan, and as well as a few other good friends. Friday night was finished up by attend JuliAnne's lingerie shower which was by far one of best showers I have been to! Everyone had such a great time and shared probably way too many laughs....
Saturday, I got to catch up Kari over a much needed lunch of Sharky's, God bless that place. Later in the afternoon, Jamie and I went for a long workout, which consisted of walking around the trail, playing football, and jumping on the trampoline....which ouch. Jamie and I were once cheerleaders and I had forgotten how to tumble, at least my body didn't really appreciate it very much.
Saturday night, the Wedding. I had the joy of having Michael Jay, one of my teens that I interned for at Grapevine, escort me to my seat. Cute. JuliAnne looked absolutely gorgeous! The wedding was wonderfully performed...thank you Cody Blair. And my date and I, Jamie, got to see so many people that we haven't seen in such a long time and altogether it was a wonderful evening!
The weekend ended after some Jesus time at Highland and a long convo at Starbucks. A great ending to yet another trip to Abilene weekend. I've never really been a fan of going detail by detail on an event on an blog, but I've realized that sometimes you just have to in order to get everything out in the open.
A whirlwind. A whirlwind of events that seem to have occurred all so very fast. But I have a feeling that it's not going to stop anytime soon as more and more events and situations continue to arrive in my life. oh well, bring it on.
"Have I found you? Flightless bird......"
-Iron & Wine
thoughts on pregnancy
12 years ago




0 comments:
Post a Comment