This past Friday, Brittany, Amy Kay, Shaley, and myself took a little road trip to Austin to see Liz, Marie, and the newest addition into our crazy world, Lyla Elizabeth. After a miss communication about where to meet off of I-35, we were on our way. The trip down there was nothing but wonderful. We spent the 2 plus hours catching up on life, venting about jobs, sharing stories, and talking about sing song. The usual. Our first stop was to pick up Liz, who was gracious enough to let us stay with her at her adorable little apartment, and then it was off to dinner. Now, when you go to Austin, you have to eat at Chuy's. It's a must and well needless to say, we achieved that mission. Friday was a great beginning to the whole weekend. Marie met us for dinner and then it was back to Liz's for the night, while we caught up with Marie and anxiously watched her open the gifts we had brought for Lyla.
Saturday was to be our work day. We had all volunteered to go to Austin to first of all see Marie and Lyla and to also help her get the apartment ready for her homecoming. But before the work could begin, we all went to the hospital to meet little Lyla. Words cannot even begin to describe this little bundle of joy. She is amazing. We all went in with Marie one at time, got scrubbed in, and finally got to meet the little one that we have been to excited to meet. Seeing Marie with her daughter was an amazing experience to witness. She absolutely adores Lyla. In reading Bo and Marie's blog, he is right. There is something amazing to see a mother holding her child. Marie's face lit up when she saw Lyla, and it completely takes your breath away. After some chit-chat between the nurse and Marie, I was given the opportunity to hold and meet Lyla. She is this precious tiny little bundle of joy! She was fighting going to sleep, trying to poop, and had the hiccups when I held her. I introduced myself as Aunt Bumbles and went from there. I showed her how to do a Sing Song face, told her I would teach her all about being bumbly and music, and let her know that she would have a kitten waiting at my house anytime she visited (In one of Bo's videos he trying to find out what she liked. He would say a world and by her reaction, he was able to get a little insight to what she liked. He mentioned kittens, and of course she smiled. yes!). Lyla is beautiful. She has the tiniest hands and the cutest little calic. Bo and Marie are truly blessed, and they are going to be the best parents ever. I cannot wait to see Lyla grow up and I thank God for bringing her into this world. Many prayers have been answered and it is so awesome to see the beautiful work that our gracious God has created.
After each one of us took a trip into see Lyla, we headed to lunch at Kerby Lane. Good food, good conversations, and overall a great lunch. We made a few stops to shop and then headed back to Marie and Bo's apartment to start the working. I guess you could say that I was the official wall hanging person, of course with the help of everyone else. We hung up pictures and selves on the walls, went through boxes, and helped Marie with whatever else she needed. Overall, I would say we were quite successful.
After a few hours of hard work, we took a break. Now there is note on facebook where you can write 25 facts about yourself. Well, knowing all of us, we all thought is was dumb and a waste of time, until Brittany, Shaley, Liz, and Marie had the genius idea of writing one for me. Wow. We shared quite a few laughs while creating the note and I was once again reminded that I do have the best friends a girl could ever ask for.
This little getaway trip was wonderful. I had the opportunity to see my friends, meet Lyla, help Marie, and just relax. I love my friends, and am truly thankful for the life I've been given, and look forward to more weekends just like this. And I dare to say that I am the proudest almost aunt ever.
"Hush now baby don't you cry. Rest your wings my butterfly. Peace will come to you in time. And I will sing this lullaby."
-Josh Groban
thoughts on pregnancy
12 years ago




1 comments:
bums!!! your entry about the weekend was so sweet! it might have made me cry...just a little. i'm so glad you got to meet lyla and im so thankful that you are such an amazing friend! i'm working on putting up pics of everyone from the weekend, hopefully it will be up soon! love you!
Post a Comment