Perfectly round red circles as checks, six black painted on eyelashes, made up words to your favorite songs, choreography where you don't move your hips, a facial expression that could easily scare a four year old, costumes made out of who knows what fabric, lights beaming down on your face, judges and audiences watching your every move....Where else could you find such a divine experience? Sing Song.
As I pointed out to the women of Ko Jo Kai during my inspirational speech made before Friday night's performance, I love Jesus, but I LOVE Sing Song. Slightly sac religious, but I'm not worried, Jesus knows my heart. I look forward to this weekend in mid-February every year. I've been watching Sing Song for as long as I can remember. I always dreamt about being on that stage and being a part of something so wonderful. Little did I know how much I would fall in love with such an event. I had the joy of getting to take a part in this show all four years at ACU. The highlight: being a Sing Song Hostess and getting to be a part of breaking the Siggie streak with the women of Ko Jo Kai.
This year, I got to actually sit in the audience and "watch" the show. Although, I think I was more nervous as a spectator than I was when I was a participant in the show. I got to watch my best friend Jennifer fulfill her dream of being a Hostess, which she did such an amazing job! And I got to see Jamie lead Kojies in another win! I am so proud of my little skunks!
The best decision I could have made was to see the show Thursday night. Tom, the director, asked if I wanted to come "play" with everyone backstage during that performance, and of course I couldn't say no to that. I had the chance to go back stage and see all the Hosts/Hostesses before the show, help them get ready, and give some words of wisdom. I then got to sit back and watch the show. But of course with me, I sat the entire show critiquing every little thing. It's what I do, which is good, Because when Saturday night's show came around, I was able to really sit back and enjoy the show. I didn't make it through Thursday night's performance without some tears.....they came as a result of seeing two of my best friends performing, and during the singing of the "Lord Bless You and Keep You." Gets me every time.
The weekend could not have gone any better. The competition was close in all three categories, but that kept everything very interesting. I got to see the show Saturday night with my friends and family. We had a great time sharing notes and picking who we thought would win. The night ended with the all of the Kojies getting to sing and stomp on stage! I loved seeing so many Kojies both old and young up there stomping and celebrating our victory!
I love Sing Song. More than my birthday, Christmas, and St. Patrick's Day. It holds so much history, provides a creative outlet as well as a way to minister to others, is like a second homecoming for everyone, lets us experience the taste of competition, and allows all to escape for a few hours. Oh how I love Sing Song.
"Encore! Bravo! Bravisimo! Encore! Sing Song!
-Throw back to ACU Sing Song Freshmen Class Act 2005
(The Piano. As known as the best Freshmen Class Act. Ever)
thoughts on pregnancy
12 years ago




0 comments:
Post a Comment