Monday, February 9, 2009

nerd

Most of yesterday, I spent the day in much anticipation about the 51st annual Grammy awards. I have to admit that I absolutely LOVE award shows. Everything on my agenda has to stop so that I can take in such shows as the SAG awards, the Golden Globes, American Music Awards, the Oscars, Country Music Awards, the Grammys, etc. I absolutely love sitting and critiquing the performances, what people are wearing, who wins, and acceptance speeches.

Last night as I sat watching my beloved Grammys, the power on our side of big 'ole Rio Vista decided to go out. Thus, we had a blackout. The power was out for over an hour and it left me hanging when there was still a good hour and half left of the Grammys. Of course I was quite furious when the blackout occurred, but I got over it.

After lighting candles and finding a good supply of flashlights, I had some free time to myself. During this time, I realized just how much of a nerd I truly am when it comes to watching these shows. Call me crazy/weird...I'll take it.

"Some sunny day baby, When everything seems okay, baby,You'll wake up and find out you're alone. Cause I'll be gone. Gone, gone, gone, really gone. Gone, gone, cause you done me wrong."
-Alison Krauss and Robert Plant

0 comments: