Monday, November 16, 2009

Hiatus

As my Aunt Carol pointed out last weekend, I have taken quite a little break from blogging. I feel that it's time to start back up again. The next few posts are actually things I wrote in September but never posted them.....

Heavenly Day: September 1, 2009

This summer has been a journey that I shall never forget. With many ups and downs, lots of self reflections, my faith being tested to the up most extreme, and memories that I will always keep with me, I have finally learned how to deal.

Through all of this, one thing that I have had to constantly remind myself this summer is that I am not in control and I have to have patience. The past few months I've been the encourager, the friend, the example, the working girl, the convenient girl, the one that seems to have it together, the flavor of the week, the hunter, the runner, the time healer, the one who puts all of their heart into something, the determined one, the scared, the naive, the accomplished, the faithful one, the helper, and the one who has been completely broken. I've witnessed and experienced things this summer that have and will continue to make me so thankful for the life I have and the life I lead. The people that I have had the honor and privilege to interact with continue to make my life an on going roller coaster.

From interviews and trips to Nashville, river trips, and other engagements with the DS, weekly convo's that make my life complete, weekend movie nights, late night talks/texting, singing, allowing God to mold me into the woman he aspires me to be, studying for endless hours, enjoying my friendships both old and new, being a bit of a work out/health freak, embracing who I am, starting school again, becoming a teacher, becoming more confident, and making the best out of every situation....My life is a precious one...I know that without a doubt.

Crazy to think that I was living in Nashville at this time last year. I miss that place, but am looking forward to what's ahead. Maybe Austin is next. We shall see! I'll finish school in October and then have 2 more tests to take, and then that will be it.

The one thing that I keep coming back to and the thing that I live my life by are the words "I am free." These words have been my spiritual grounding over the past few months as well as the verses taken from Ephesians 3, "Now to him that is able to do immeasurably more, than all we ask or imagine, according to His power that is at work within us. To Him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus through out all generations forever and ever, Amen." I would be lost without these words that is for sure. I am human and need that constant reminders of who I am and whose I am. I am free because I choose to live a life of Christ, and when I consider all that, things would be different for me otherwise. I am free because I have decided to do so.

"Oh Heavenly day! All the clouds blew away. Got no trouble today, With anyone...."
-Patty Griffin

1 comments:

Carol M. said...

Good to see you are back! I am excited to watch your life develop and progress....you are an amazing person!
Love you,
~Aunt Carol