Saturday, July 26, 2008

Broken In

Week 1...completed! It has been such a great week so far! The family has taken me by the hand to help show me the way around here. I will say however, that who knew that moving to a new state could be so hard! There is so many things that you have to get changed or fixed or filed here in Tennessee to be an "actual" resident! But thankfully I'm getting those things done!

I absolutely adore all of the kids! They have been so great so far and extremely helpful! I feel that I have already started to develop a bond with each of them. 

Early this week I began to think about life and what I would be doing next. What can I say, I am a big picture kind of girl. I had to remind myself numerous times to keep in mind that I am just starting this job that God opened up for me and that I should just be patient, things will come with time. I began to see that yes, I do love what I am doing right now but wonder how exactly all of this will help me in the long run. I am so thankful for the opportunity that has been placed before me and know that God will continue to bless me and show me what I need to do. 

After spending a week here I have been able to see little hints and glimpses of why God did in fact want me to be here in Tennessee. My eyes have been opened to see what all he is calling me to do at the moment and so therefore, I am running with it! At the very beginning of the week I ran across a verse that has been my stronghold for the week, Ephesians 3:14-21. It actually comes from one of my all time favorite Acappella songs. This verse has calmed me when I needed it this week and helped me to gain the faith and trust I need to keep in mind that God knows what he is doing. 

"Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever!"
Eph. 3:20-21

1 comments:

Ashley Gartrell said...

I am so happy to hear that you are liking it thus far! I knew that God would provide and take care of you! I too love that Acapella song and often find comfort in the verse! Hopefully we will each find time within our busy schedules to talk cause I want to hear all about it! I am loving the new job! I'll tell you more later! Love You!