Well, I did it. I left the state that I have lived in for the past 22 years and the state that I so dearly love to move to Tennessee to fulfill my dreams. It wasn't easy let me tell you that. As we pulled out of the drive way at my house in Rio I cried. In fact I cried pretty much all the way to Dallas. And then I teared up again as we crossed the Texas/Arkansas line...and it felt so good. My dad decided that since I was moving to a place where I had no idea where anything was, that he would get me a gps system, which needless to say GiGi (Yes, I named the gps system) have been very helpful thus far.
My parents and I arrived in Franklin on Saturday and moved all of my stuff in. I have the best room! My own bathroom, and bedroom (even though the walls are a golden yellow, the bedding is white and the pillows and such are blue...so "siggie",haha but it's what was already here), my own closet the size of well...it's big enough to hold all of my stuff. Which if you know me that well, I love clothes and shoes so let's just say the the closet is perfect. Tennessee is beautiful! I am already falling in love with this place. I had the opportunity to go to church with my dear little piercey-poo, which was great! Having Amanda up here is such a blessing and she is doing such a great job of making me feel right at home. It is a huge relief to have her up here! Another great thing is having my parents bring me up here. They have been such a great help with everything!
Although I may have left my favorite place in the world, Texas, I will always always always be a Texas girl. You can never take that away from me. I like to think of myself as being classy and country, so you get Classy Country.
"There ain't nothing like the sound of real Country Music....Come on and Turn it Up!!!"
-Ashton Shepperd




2 comments:
Glad to know that you made it safely and that you are loving it thus far! We miss you here, but we are really excited for you! Plus, if we come there, we have a free tour guide! Love you, miss you, and am really proud of you!
Sorry we didn't get to see you before you left. We plan on being there in December. If you are there, we will get together. Love you lots, Coach Dagley
Post a Comment