Saturday, July 5, 2008

My Siggie Summer

Up until now, this summer I've spent the majority of my time with my two lifesavers, Casey and JuliAnne. Needless to say we have had so much fun together from movies, endless classes at Hendrick, to doing really random "Siggie like" things, and the Bachelorette every Monday night. It has been such a great summer. We've had this ongoing joke between all of us that all I do is hang out with Siggies....well at least this summer. Thus the reason for calling this "my Siggie summer." And it's true for the most part.

This 4th of July weekend was spent relaxing at Heath's lake house. It couldn't have been more perfect. Getting to see these people for one last who-rah was exactly what I needed. Even though my entire upper body aches with soreness from tubing with Jenny,(which I might add that we were quite good, even though we thought we were going to die a couple of times), to laying out with the girls, and taking part in the ginormous slip-n-slide the guys made, to laying in the hammock with Casey and Jenny listening to the ongoing parties on either side of us, then watching the guys shoot off tons of fireworks, and finally ending the night with a great game of ACU charades.....this was the perfect weekend, until....

After some tearsome goodbyes, I was backing out of the driveway in my dad's beautiful Honda Pilot (my dream car for the the longest time) and what did I do...that's right, I backed into a measly little tree that I could literally put both my hands around to describe how big it was. I was almost at the end of the driveway and was so proud of myself for doing such a good job. Of course tears came as I called my dad to tell him the news and there was much laughter afterwards as everyone from the house came out to check the damage. In the end, it wasn't THAT bad.....the 'rents assured me that it was ok. I just don't really expect to be driving the Pilot any time soon.


Happy 4th!....."You were pretty as can be, sitting in the front seat Looking at me, telling me you love me, and your happy to be, With me on the 4th of July!! We sang Stranglehold to the stereo Couldn't take no more of that rock n roll, So we put on a little George Jones and just sang along"
-thank you Shooter Jennings for this amazing patriotic song.

2 comments:

Ashley Gartrell said...

So glad that your 4th was a fun one! Sorry to hear about the mishap at the end of the day though! Poor Benay! You've had more car mishaps than anyone should! I guess in someways, this is a glimpse of God's sense of humor! Luckily he has always kept you save and unharmed!
I am headed to Florida until Friday night! Call me and maybe we can meet up next weekend! Love you!

Chris Chappotin said...

Are those the yellow people?