This past week has been the biggest whirlwind I think I have ever experienced. I left my job, moved out (all by myself might I add), and dispersed my stuff at two different houses (thank you Flow and Pierce family). Although this past week was one of the hardest to endure, I am doing good. I am feeling relieved, scared, but hopeful in all of this. My parents are traveling up here this weekend for us to do some apartment shopping and meet up with some old friends. On Monday I will be driving back with them to Texas where I will stay for about 2 and half weeks to regroup and relax. During this time I am going to go visit friends, family, walk in the Race for the Cure with my mom, and attend ACU's Homecoming (Ahh! Can't wait about that one)! This is going to be a good time for me to heal and regain my focus. I am looking forward to getting away for a bit, but know that I will be anxious in my return to the 615.
I did however get to meet up with some great family friends of ours that my parents went to college with and who I have known since birth, John and Jana Duty. They came up to Tennessee to attend ZOE conference. Having them up here during this time was an answered prayer! They took me under their wing and just loved on me as if they were my parents far away from home! I appreciate all that they did and will be forever grateful!
I did attend bits and pieces of ZOE conference this weekend. It was great! The theme was "Fearless." And boy it was a great message to hear and of course it was exactly what I needed to hear. Funny how God has His way of allowing us to hear what we need to hear just when we need to hear it. I thoroughly enjoyed hearing and worshiping with ZOE Group! As well as hearing Mike Cope and Randy Harris speak. I feel like they gave me a small piece of Abilene to carry around with me.
This week however is going to give me some time to get a few things accomplished and to relax and soak up some of this beautiful Tennessee Fall! But in the mean time, let the search begin...
"Cold in a summer breeze. Yeah, you're shivering on your bended knee. Still, when your heart is sore and the heavens pour like a willow bending with the storm, you'll make it. Running against the wind, playing the cards you get, something is bound to give. There's hope for the hopeless!"
-A Fine Frenzy
2 comments:
So..everyone filled me in this weekend about all that you have experienced in the past week! I am glad to hear a sigh of hope/relief/excitement/ (and yes) fear! I think it is good that while you are excited about your future, you are also fearful! Fear can drive a person to work harder, and I know you will work harder to get what you want! God will see you through!
On a fun note...I am walking with you and your Mom on the 18th and can't wait! Miss you, love you, and proud of you!~Ash
BENAY, I want an update! I'm thinking of you and praying for you...can't WAIT to see you in less than 3 WEEKS!!! We will have a long hug and a good talk. Love you, my friend.
Post a Comment