Saturday, August 2, 2008

Absolutely Divine

Absolutely Divine. That is the best way to describe my day today. I got to sleep in, which let me say that it was some sleep that was greatly needed after an exhausting week! And then I spent the day with Amanda shopping, eating lunch with her and her mom, eating dinner and enjoying some long talks and coffee with a friend from church....this day was wonderful according to Amanda and myself.


This weekend is tax free in Tennessee, which their tax is so much higher than in Texas. Amanda and I decided to just go look around. We first spent about an hour and a half at Borders books. I have decided to become an avid book reader again and Amanda already is so having her there to help recommend books was great! Yes, back in the day when I wasn't forced to read I was an active member of the babysitters club novels, and always bought a ton of books at the school book fairs. I've come to the realization that now that I have a college degree I guess that it would be wise to start reading again. That way I can still try to feel like I am learning things, and on occasion, feel smart from time to time.
Then we hit the mall, and I made my first purchase here in Tennessee....a pair of ACU purple close toe high heel shoes. Once again, absolutely divine. It was love at first sight, and purple is my FAVORITE color. I just couldn't help it.

Tonight however I got to enjoy some "Real Nashville"....at least that's what I like to call it. Eating at a local restaurant and enjoying some coffee and just soaking it all in was just a small dose of what I hope to eventually get to experience. All of this was exactly what I needed. I'm really beginning to love this place and can't wait to explore it more and more. 

I will have to say this.....People in Tennessee do NOT know how to drive. It is quite annoying and Amanda and I both agree about that. God bless Texas.



"She's a good girl, loves her Momma. Loves Jesus and America too...."
-Thank you John Mayer for re-making this classic song.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

you forgot to mention the dating-book author we met in borders... and how we avoided her like the bubonic plague so we wouldn't have to buy her book...