Sunday, August 31, 2008

Crazy Wonderful Life

This weekend has been a crazy one! Good, but crazy. As I write this post, I am awaiting a phone call from American Airlines because they did not get my luggage on my flight home. Really? Figure it out is all I can say! But now for a weekend rap-up.


Friday, I flew out of Nashville where I set off the security and had to be individually searched because my bobby-pins set off the scanner. Cool. And my flight was delayed and hour because of bad weather in Dallas. I finally got the Dallas though and was able to go with my Dad to watch my brother coach some Howe Bulldogs football. They won! Which was great because that meant our after-the-game picture would be a good once because he would be in a good mood. I got to see him coach and hang out with his girlfriend, who is quite precious, and spend some time with my Dad. Good times (in the words of Macy)

Saturday, I spent about 4 hours at the hair salon getting my hair back to its original color. I dyed it black around mid- June. Dumb idea/mistake. It has taken a long process to get it back but it finally is back to my natural color and I am leaving it this way for a while. Or maybe forever.

That night we traveled to Granbury to see my cousin Taylor marry Kelcie. I am so excited for them! And their wedding was absolutely beautiful! Of course I cried....a lot in fact. I think that was a very special wedding to me because this was my baby cousin getting married and having my almost 80 year old PawPaw marry them was quite a special treat. I had such a great time at the wedding seeing family and friends that I hadn't seen in a while. Oh how I miss them.

I will say this, I am a darn good cake cutter! My cousin's wife Dana and I cut the Bride's cake and we were pros. I mean we should maybe do that as a profession. Just kidding, but really, we were good at it.

I just love weddings and it was the perfect wedding!

Sunday, I went to church with the fam, spent the day dealing with other crazy things in my life, and then finally made it to the airport where my flight was once again delayed. And now I still wait for my luggage. Real cool American Airlines. Hopefully it will get here....eventually. Overall it was a good weekend. Once again I realize, I am truly blessed with this crazy, wonderful life.

2 comments:

Carol M. said...

I have to say I was impressed by your abilities at slicing the flour and water concoction! Way to go!!!

On another note....seems someone for the male species was takin' a gander at cha and wondered who you were....hhhhhmmmmmm...I'll never tell!

It was so good to see you and I want you to know it meant so much to us for you to make the trip to be a part of this special time. Thank you!

Love you,
C~

Ashley Gartrell said...

I know how was "takin' a gander a cha!" Maybe I will tell?!?!?! It was good to see you! I have missed you, cousin! Hope you got your luggage! Come see us again soon!
Love you!